Shimane, Japan
My name is Melissa and I am a 22 year old American living in rural Japan. I graduated with a degree in International Studies and Japanese Language and now work as an ALT (assistant language teacher) through the JET Program.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I guess I am making progress!

Okay so with 22 days to go I think I am finally making progress! Most of the shopping is done. I have plenty of cloths, underwear, socks and toothpaste! I finally got my tech situation in order by updating my laptop with some new gadgets like the sleek and practically weightless Seagate FreeAgent go external hard drive! This is so much better than the piece of crap Toshiba one that broke on me :( And finally a web camera *jumps for joy* since my lenovo ThinkPad is like the only model sold by ODU that didn't come equipped with one already. Yay for talking on Skype! Oh and today my new baby came in the mail! The Kodak Zi8 HD camera so I can record my year in HD wow! :) Now I am able to get my YouTube channel started which I successfully uploaded a video on! Yes! Enjoy Lisa and me being complete idiots with the morphing feature on the new web camera!!



Until next time or when I actually give people the link to view this blog and be aware of its existence...haha

Oh and I am currently listening to Rie Fu's Prayers & Melodies ~ I am really loving her music lately..if anyone cares.

Kay bye

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HIYA~

I am another student that is going to Kansai Gaidai this semester (although my countdown is now down to five days including today >.<)

Do ya mind if I link your blog up to mine.

I also read that you like the Japanese music, and even already got tickets to the gazette concert on the 18th of October (I am hoping to go to that one too ^_^)

Anyway, see ya at KGU

Saru In Japan said...

Hey Melissa! Very nice blog you have here. I'll be following your time at KGU as well as many others lol Also, do you mind if I link your blog onto mines? Hope to see you soon!

Melissa said...

@lorirori Hey!!~ Yeah totally link away! I think I am going to make a section to do the same! :)

Yeah I am a huge Japanese music fan...in fact that was the reason I started studying Japanese in the first place back in high school. I was big on Visual Kei and basically stalked Dir en grey around the East Coast when I was 16 and they first came to America lol. Then Japanese became more of an academic obsession and here I am studying abroad! whoot!

Can't wait to meet you! And good luck since I think you are probably there already!~

Melissa said...

@Saru In Japan definitely link away!

Post a Comment